Friday, January 29, 2010

48 minutes

The morning commute was longer than usual today, but there were two trains at SG to get on, so I knew I wouldn't have to wait long. Have you noticed more and more of the SmarTrip card readers aren't working at the turnstiles? There was a wait to get through at SG because a bus had just let off people. Maybe that is why Metro is removing the stickers.

Now the funny part of the commute:

At Rockville or Twinbrook, I heard a conversation between two people facing each other and across the aisle. If I hadn't heard the substance of the conversation, I would have thought they were flirting, because they did act like they knew each other, but it was quite the opposite! He must have apolgized to her for something, and she said "No, I called you d*ck, did you hear me?? You bumped into me with your bag and I poked myself." (She was apparently putting on eye makeup.) His very polite response was "Oh, sorry, I didn't know." She was clearly irritated as she turned on her music and closed her eyes for the rest of the commute, and then...

He moved over to sit next to her! Then he started poking her to tell her something! She tried to understand him twice and then she took out one of her earphones to give him a why-are-you-trying-to-talk-to-me "huh?"

I wanted to continue watching this, but it quickly became too crowded to see what was going on, and the next time I could see those seats they had already left. Well, good luck to them both, and I hope they had a nice day!

Red Rider Rating: 9.5 based on the entertainment value

No comments:

Post a Comment